I waded through a fair amount of BSC fanfic in the time between I discovered the online BSC following and decided to start a blog. A lot of it gets to be the same, though, and few of them are actually finished stories. In my unscientific view, I think that the most popular things to write about are the BSC reunion story and the Karen/Vanessa/Charlotte/someone else in that age group start their own BSC.
Here are some things that I'd like to see explored in the fanfic (and if anyone knows of or has written something along these lines, feel free to recommend it!)
- The Kristy/Charlie/Sam relationship, especially with their father
- Janine/Charlie (friendship...and maybe more?)
- Watson/Lisa/Elizabeth (not necessarily a love triangle, but how the one marriage ended and how Watson and Elizabeth met)
- Richard/Elizabeth (they never seemed like they even knew each other! Not romance, just as neighbours)
- Richard/Sharon in high school
- Laine in New York, living it up like Jen Lindley and Blair Waldorf